Your Ultimate AM/PM Skincare Routine
If you’re a skinthusiast like we are, then you already know that certain topical skincare ingredients are best used during the day (Hello,SPF) and others at night (We see you, Retinol!). Well, the same holds true for many ingestible skincare ingredients too. Here’s our step-by-step for the ultimate AM/PM routine.
During the daytime hours, when our skin is facing the world, it’s important to arm skin cells with powerful antioxidants (from the inside) to help protect our skin from free radical damage. Free radicals are those pesky molecules that contain an unpaired electron. Their one goal is to steal from healthy cells and destroy them. This is actually the leading cause of aging! Free radicals are formed because of many things, especially environmental aggressors like UV rays, pollution, even blue light from computer use.
Other important things to include in your daytime ingestible skincare regimen are supplements that focus on skin hydration and strengthening the skin’s lipid barrier. First thing in the morning is when your skin’s moisture levels are the lowest and the protective barrier is at its weakest. The goal is to lock in moisture and replenish what your skin’s barrier lost overnight so it’s strong and ready to face the world.
Overnight is when skin cells are working hardest to regenerate and renew. It’s during this regenerative phase that toxins are disposed of and the repair process begins.
Quality sleep is absolutely imperative to this process. There’s a reason they call it “Beauty Sleep”! (Read more about the benefits of Beauty Sleep here.)
Your PM routine should include supplements that help ensure a quality night sleep. It should also include skin-loving vitamins like C, D and E to help boost skin cell repair. There is some solid science that supports including Aloe Sterols from pure aloe vera gel to a PM ingestible skincare routine. Micro doses of Aloe Sterols are shown to stimulate Collagen and Hyaluronic Acid production and significantly reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
A super easy way to feed your skin the right ingredients at the best times is by adding Glotrition’s AM/PM Beauty Booster Duo to your routine. This duo includes our two popular Beauty Boosters – RESTORE and SLEEP – both designed to boost your skin's natural renewal process from the inside out.
The Restore Beauty Booster is your daytime anti-aging beauty shield and includes:
- Ceramosides™ Phytoceramide Complex – helps provide vital ceramides to keep your skin’s lipid barrier strong and healthy while you face the day
- Vitamin C – good levels of this skin loving vitamin help support healthy immunity and collagen synthesis round the clock
- Goji Berry – known to promote collagen and elastin production, reduce hyperpigmentation and protect against free radicals
- Maqui Berry – another important antioxidant that protects skin from free radical aggressors and inflammation
- Black Elderberry – contains high amounts of Vitamin A to help prevent and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
The Sleep Beauty Booster is your nighttime solution for a restful and rejuvenating beauty sleep and includes:
- Ultra Pure Melatonin – lets your body know it’s time for bed and helps you fall into a restful beauty sleep
- Aloe Sterols – boost hydration, elasticity and skin smoothness while you sleep
- Vitamin C – helps with collagen synthesis, critical at night during the restorative sleep cycle
- Vitamin D3 – essential for overnight skin repair, it improves cellular turnover
- Vitamin E – a triple threat shown to help improve sleep quality while also improving cell function and skin health