The Ultimate Facial Workout
Alright - we talked about how exercise is good for the skin but have you considered specific exercises for your face? There are more than 50 muscles in your face and neck and yes, there are exercises to keep them toned and fit!
You may feel like a crazy person, making funny faces in the mirror, but there are many benefits to performing these regularly. Not only do they help strengthen facial muscles - which can help make your face look more firm and youthful - they also improve blood flow. And we know that increased blood flow helps supply your skin cells with nutrients, stimulate skin cell regeneration and combat the signs of aging by preventing wrinkles.
Here are a few of our favorite facial exercises to get you started.
Worried about horizontal forehead lines? (First stop worrying – that’s only going to add more lines!☺) Try the Forehead Smoother.
- Place both hands on the forehead facing inwards and spread all of the fingers out between the eyebrows and hairline
- Gently sweep the fingers outwards across the forehead, applying light pressure to tighten the skin
- Relax and repeat 10 times
Looking to raise those brows and keep them where they belong? Give the Brow Lifter a try.
- Put your index and middle fingers together in a closed peace sign
- Rest your fingernails over your brows and gently push the skin down
- Lift your brows up and down, while creating resistance with the weight of your fingers
- Repeat 10 times
- Complete 6 sets
Send those bags packing with “The V”! Also good for drooping eyelids, crow’s feet and puffiness.
- Press both middle fingers together at the inner corner of the eyebrows, then with the index fingers, apply pressure to the outer corners of the eyebrows
- Without tilting your head, look up to the ceiling
- Raise the lower eyelids upwards to form a strong squint, and then relax
- Repeat six more times
- Finish by squeezing eyes shut tightly for 10 seconds
The Cheek Sculptor not only gives those cheek bones a pop – it’s an excuse to make a fish face!
- Tilt your head all the way back and push your chin forward
- Suck your cheeks in as much as possible
- Hold for 5 seconds
- Complete 10-15 sets
A double chin can make you look heavier and older than you really are and in this age of video conferences – all the more noticeable. Try this technique to help tighten and define your jawline.
- Keeping shoulders down and relaxed, tilt your head back and tip your chin to the ceiling until you feel a good stretch in the upper neck and chin area
- Alternate making duck lips and sticking out your tongue (more fun faces!)
- Hold each pose for 5 seconds each
- Repeat 3 times, making sure to keep your chin extended and neck taut the entire time
Some Final Tips...
Make sure your hands are clean before touching your face - you don’t want to clog those pores or transfer any unwanted germs. Don’t pull or tug skin too hard – you could cause more harm than good and accentuate wrinkles.
And finally, try to incorporate these into your daily routine, maybe in conjunction with your Glotrition Super Beauty Elixir. Do an exercise then take a sip! That way you don’t forget and you give your skin and face the best possible boost from the inside out!